Followers

Monday, December 8, 2014

Distress inks and chalkboard effect

Hello everyone, a new week is here, already the first week of the month is gone. Its cold and wet here, that's how our winters are mostly, I am really hoping to see the blue skies though.

Sharing a card which I made week.
I started off with a white base, and then used the vintage photo distress ink to ink the wood grain stencil on the card front, and after that, I inked up the embossing folder of the trees with forest moss and sprayed with mist and presses my card  against it get the background. Then I went o with few yellow, orange and red inks to distress the edges. I decided to add the sentiment on a black textured card stock, I had heat embossed in white color, and went for  a bit messy chalkboard look. Adhered it with foam tape, and done. This is very different from my usual CAS cards. I hope its worth the efforts.



Linking this card with:

STAMPlorations December Challenge
 I am going with October' theme - Stamps and Embossing.


STAMPlorations Anything goes
 Used the subway builders.


Virginia's View Challenge
 My second entry, I think I like the first one more, but this one might be more fit with the theme.


Little Tangles
I had heat embossed my sentiment.

Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! You've created and incredibly stunning bg! Love all the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice of using the chalkboard technique for the subway art sentiment - it goes really well together, as your card shows! Thanks Rahmat for playing with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful card! Love the embossing background! Thanks for the playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that subway art stamp. Great way to showcase it on black with your lovely inked BG. Thanks for joining the STAMPlorations December challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chalkboard look u created :) thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete