Followers

Sunday, February 21, 2016

A masculine monochromatic birthday

Hello blogger friends, I hope the weekend is going great for you all. I have a backlog of cards, so thought of sharing one today, as you all know that I usually don't blog on weekends.

It is a simple one layer card. I had used a black textured base. Used Mama Elephant - zenith sahpes and stamped the chevron/arrows in white pigment ink from Lawn Fawn. I left out some space, as I am following a sketch here. I used HLS - bold numbers, which just got delivered yesterday to me. I stamped in embossing ink and heat embossed in gold, and stamped the rest of other parts also from HLS in the same white ink. The sentiment on arrow is from Kaisercraft. I love the look, I love blacks, and monochromatic color schemes.
I have another similar card in white to share. I have a messenger group with my school girl friends and I sometimes send them the cards first for an opinion, before posting here. After making this black one, I already knew I would be criticized by my friends, for the black color, so made one in white as well for them, and send both to the girls. It is always good to hear what people think of your imagination in action.


Linking this with:

CAS(E) this Sketch
Pretty much sticking to this awesome sketch

Curtain Call
A masculine card here

TIME OUT Challenge
Going with the monochromatic colors

Inkspirational
With a pop of gold here

Seize the Birthdays
Another entry with anything goes

The Male Room
Joining in with monochromatic colors

colourQ
used gold with the others

HLS Anything Goes
Numbers and mix mash stamps here.

  Thank you for stopping by, I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Well, there's absolutely NO criticism here. It is a brilliant card for any male, and you know how we all struggle with those. My OH would be delighted to receive a card like this. Bravo!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black card works for me. It's so classy and works so well with the white pigment ink. Great stamping and layout and fabulous how you've combined the challenges, very clever. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments and becoming my latest follower, very much appreciated x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so brave to stamp on black card and no messiness either! And I have to say I can imagine what the white card one looks like but I personally love this version. Thanks for linking up at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great man-card! I love the graphic shapes! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ and CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pop of gold here and wow to fit to so many challenges. Thanks for joining Ink and TO

    ReplyDelete
  6. O love this black card! It is original and looks much warmer (I think) as black stripes on white... Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a wonderful and bold masculine birthday card. Love the drama of the black card base. Thanks so much for playing along at ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a terrific card highlighting the age!! Love the masculine feel of it! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely STUNNING masculine design!! Love the gold over the black for sure!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, what a fabulous masculine card! Great job combining so many challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great masculine card, I love all the details and pop of gold! Thanks for joining us at Inspirational and TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete