Followers

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Calling all sistahs - July blog hop & a short poem penned by me :)

Hello blogger peeps, you might have arrived her from Penny Ward . Starting the 17th of this month on I will be part of the blog hop for "Calling all sistahs". It is a monthly hop which happens on the 17th of every month.
This hop is to encourage our sistahs to do their monthly breast self-exams and yearly mammogram.


 You can read all about it here.
Each blog stop on the hop will feature something from 
the special collection Michele created shortly after she was diagnosed last year.
50% of the profits from this collection are donated to
breast cancer awareness programs at

 There will be a $15 Gift Certificate given to 3 people that comment along the hop.
Comments close on July 19th @ 12am EST.

In my hop, I will talk about the people I have come across, who dealt with breast cancer. Most of them are success stories, except for one, I will talk about one person in my hop day post.

Even though I was aware of breast cancer for along time, but it was in 2004 when I first heard of someone suffering from it. I was living in Indonesia, and it was my friend's sister who was diagnosed with breast cancer. She successfully beat it, she had surgery and chemo sessions. This was my first time, someone in my proximity had dealt and succeed in beating the cancer.

For my card, I had used CAS-ual Friday - hope ribbon stamps. I started with a water color paper, and used blue and red shades of distress inks to ink the panel, Once the inking was done, I sprinkled some mist on it.  I added a gold card to frame it from the sides. Then I used the hope ribbon stamp and heat embossed it on vellum in white EP. I stamped the hope sentiment sideways on the base card, and the rest of the sentiment on a black strip using a white ink. Didn't feel like adding any other embellishments, I am quite happy with the card.


Here is the order of the hop, except for the first and last stop, the names are in alphabetical order this time.

Here is the hop order:

Please leave some love along the way

CAS-ual Fridays Stamps

Bonnie Sharp
Diane Jaquay
Jeanne Jachna
Jennifer Ingle
Joanna Harty
Kara Stainbrook
 Kelly Griglione
Kimberly Rendino
Lisa Lahiff
Lori Kobular
Lydia Evans
Nora Noll
Penny Ward
Rahmat Gouse { You are here }
Shona Chambers
Sue Nagata
Susan White
Vicki Dutcher
Heather North

Happy Hopping!

Before I go I would like to share a poem penned by me , almost 2 years back. I hope you guys like it.
My kids and me, we three are voracious readers, I have my masters in literature, and I enjoy poetry in English, Hindi and Urdu. My 14 year old daughter is the one who loves writing both prose and poetry. I gave my hand at writing inspired by her, but currently it's not on my agenda (So far I wrote only 2 poems). Hubby dear offered to publish a book, if I pen down my recipes, that offer is sitting for a decade now!!! Who knows I might cash in one day!!..but i don't think it will be a cookbook ;)

              Hope

Hope is like a shimmering light
for someone at the dark tunnel.
Hope is like an Oxygen mask
for someone who is breathless.
Hope is like a shining tomorrow
for someone's gloomy yesterday.
Hope is like a musical
for someone who is tired of dramas.
Hope is everything
for someone who has nothing.


Thank you for staying with me, even though it is a long post.

Your next hop is  Shona Chambers.

Linking this with :

Mod Squad Challenge - Distress ink lifting.

I have sprayed some mist after the inking of the distress inks.:


 I really appreciate your kind  feedback :) Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card Rahmat but it's your poem that I loved more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rahmat, your card IS beautiful so you SHOULD be happy with that! Just lovely!
    Your poem is beautiful as well and SO TRUE! Fifteen years ago, I lost my beautiful niece to a very rare type of cancer (NOT Breast Cancer!). My sister did everything in her power (as did the Dr.'s). Hope was all she had. Although her prognosis was dire she fought for 14 months, she long exceeded what they thought possible for her, she passed on her 23rd birthday, Dec. 16th. My point here is: HOPE is a very powerful thing and your poem has hit it on POINT! BE STRONG, there are a LOT of success stories today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card! The colorful background behind the beautiful embossed hope ribbon is wonderful! Your poem is super too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card I pretty...love it. And I love your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you worked the red/white/blue into the card.
    Very pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE your card and your poem! I like how you sponged your background and embossed on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card! Love the background and the vellum ribbon!
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The most beautiful and thoughtful card. Thank you for sharing this blog post today and beautiful poem too x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card--I like the hope ribbon embossed on vellum. thanks for sharing your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. that HOPE ribbon is so adorable Rahmat
    love the tiny embossing there and the color are beautiful too
    great card my friend
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete